29 July 2011

Recent Reads...

Summertime is great for so many reasons...weather warm enough to be outside at night with no jacket, picnics at the beach, iced tea and lemonade, fresh fruit, and one of my most valued...free time.

Among many other activities and adventures, I find this bonus free time excellent for catching up with my reading.

So far this summer I have been able to complete...
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
Song for Night by Chris Abani
Various Short Stories by Fitzgerald including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Afternoon of an Author
A splash of Walt Whitman poetry
and
A spot of Sylvia Plath poetry

I am currently underway reading...
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontee
Adventures in Spain by Alexandre Dumas
and
Assorted English Romantic Poetry (I am especially into Keats currently)

I would contain my list of future desires, but it would probably be about the length of a novel, so I will spare you that reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment