29 July 2011

In Honor of Erin & My Upcoming Adventure....

"Happy is England!..."

Happy is England! I could be contenet
     To see no other verdure that its own;
     To feel no other breezes than are blown
Through its tall woods with high romances blent:
Yet do I sometimes feel a languishment
     For skies Italian, and an inward groan
     To sit upon an Alp as on a throne,
And half forget what world or worldling meant.
Happy is England, sweet her artless daughters;
     Enough their simple loveliness for me,
          Enough their whitest arms in silence clinging:
     Yet do I often warmly burn to see
          Beauties of deeper glance, and hear their singing,
And float with them about the summer waters.

By John Keats
Found in English Romantic Poetry: An Anthology Edited by Stanley Appelbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment