05 March 2013

London Town...

Hello Again!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been up to quite a few mischievous antics lately.
The first I would like to share was a trip to London to visit my darling dearest seastar (sister, that is).

We went on so many adventures, it would bore you to death if I posted all 900 of my photos. And no, that is not an exaggeration! So here are some of my favorites...enjoy!

Ottolenghi was my favorite restaurant experience of the trip. It was my sister's too...in fact she told me it was her favorite three times just while we were waiting for a table and more again later (again, not an exaggeration).

The food was delicious, fresh, and bursting with flavor while maintaining an incredible lightness. I don't know how they do it!




Literary Adventures... On my journey, I wandered over to the famous Daunt Books. It was so beautiful and cozy inside and I couldn't help but pick up some new reads. My suitcase got quite a bit heavier on my way home due to my obsessive purchasing of books.



Another of my literary adventures was a trip to the Keats House. The house where John Keats met and fell in love with Fanny Brawne was lovely.





While my sister was at work, I wandered around town seeing the sights, having tea, reading in cafes, and shopping. Some of the places I went included the V&A, the Idler Academy, the British Library, the South Bank Book Market, Borough Market, and Portobello Road.





The last two adventures I would like to share were experiences with my sister. The first was a surprise. I was told to wear something 1920's ish...and that was all. We showed up at a little secret door and entered into a magical candlelit 1920's world. It was the Candlelight Club! And it was tons of fun...






Finally, on my last day in London, my sister and I went on a very random trip to the best preserved home from the Victorian Era, 18 Stafford Terrace. Unfortunately, photos were not allowed inside but I got a couple shots of the outside.
I had a super fantastic trip and was so glad to get to spend some time with my sister! Hope you enjoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment