02 October 2012

End of Summer Salad...

I know it is already October, but here in San Diego it still feels like July. But soon, summer will be ending. This time of year represents one of the prime examples of mixed-emotions. The long, warm days and delightful sweater-less nights are ending, but the fresh feeling of fall and the promise of exciting holidays are just around the corner.

I used to hate Fall, especially September. It was a nagging reminder that the summer days of freedom were over and the routine filled days of school were returning. But since I have recently (about this time last year) "fallen for Fall," I am feeling very excited about the new season.

I made this salad as a way to use the large amounts of mango we had leftover, but it turned out so tasty I decided I should share!

Warning: This salad is strangely addicting. Who me? Eat it two days in a row? Couldn't be!


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cabbage
  • 1 1/2 cup mango
  • 1/2 an avocado 
  • 1/2 cup cucumber 
  • 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
  • Handful toasted pine nuts
Dressing:
  • 1 tbsp. peanut oil 
  • 3/4 tbsp. soy sauce
  • Juice from 1/2 a lime
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne
  • 1/8 tsp. basil
  • Pinch of salt
Preparation:

Cube the mango and avocado. Slice the cucumber and halve the slices. Toss all ingredients in a bowl.
Put dressing ingredients in a small mason jar. Seal the lid & shake it up!
Pour dressing on salad, toss, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment