01 February 2012

H-day

So... I have started Horses or Hiking Wednesdays (which coincidentally is also known as hump day)* with little miss Natalie pants.

Today marks the first day of this new venture. It was horsie day this time. Natalie rode Trinket and I rode George, who we renamed after Curious George...his original name was Windor or something. Then, we switched and I rode Trinket and Natalie rode George! Woohoo!

I don't know if you know this about me, but I started riding when I was a wee little baby no bigger than a thumb. Or 6 years old. I started competing when I was 8 and I took lessons/competed all through High School. I was in the United States Pony Club and did eventing, hunter/jumper, dressage, and even some sorting.

Since my Sophomore year of college I have been sans horse and have only ridden sporadically. So I am very excited to be starting again even though it is just a little and not competitively at all!
That muscle memory sure is a funny thing...my muscles know what to do but they are NOT strong enough to do it yet! It was fun though. I don't have any photos of us today but here are some other lovely horse photos...

This is EXACTLY what Natalie and I looked like...

Me and Brighton...







*I sure do love me some alliteration!

Photos:
1, 3, 4, 6 : See my Pinterest for originals
2, 2.5: My senior photos
5: A Free People ad
7: From my favorite movie as a kid- Wild Hearts Can't be Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment